We are a multi award-winning medical devices company specialising in the design and manufacture of textile-based implantable medical devices. Our mission is to create the highest quality, innovative medical devices and we are committed to putting people first and developing them. We are a multiple Queens Export Award winner and were ranked in the top 100 ‘Best Companies’ to Work for 2018. We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Technician to join our team based at our site next to Leeds-Bradford airport, in Yeadon, Leeds.
Our Engineering Team manufactures and maintains bespoke equipment used in the manufacture and processing of implantable medical textiles and prototypes surgical instruments and metallic implants. The work involves:
- Producing components by milling and turning
- Bench fitting
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic assembly
- Testing and qualification of new equipment
- On going maintenance and repair of equipment
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- You should be qualified in Mechanical Engineering to HNC/City & Guilds/NVQ 4 or equivalent
- Experience in manual and 3 and 5 axis CNC milling and turning
- Experience in CAM programming
- Excellent mechanical reasoning skills, combined with good hand skills
- You should have at least 5 years post-qualification experience
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A maintenance/tool room background
- Bench fitting, repair, fault diagnosis
- Electrical /electronic assembly & repair
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and to work with people from across the whole company.
- Good attention to detail.
- Integrity, high standards, flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop.
- A “can do” attitude with the ability to take initiative and work to deadlines.
- £29k to £34k
- Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter of application to email@example.com.