We are recruiting a Quality Control Engineer to be responsible for Goods In inspections.
The role will involve investigating non-conformities highlighted as a result of final product testing; data collection, analysis and trending; and undertaking development testing work in the laboratory. The successful candidate will hold a degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering and will preferably have relevant experience of undertaking testing of devices within a manufacturing environment.
- Undertake investigations for issues found at goods inwards inspections. Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues.
- Investigate non-conformities highlighted as a result of final product testing.
- Data collection, analysis and trending with the aim of reducing supplier performance issues.
- Work on compliance-based project work as necessary, including improvements to the Goods Inwards systems.
- Promote and support a high level of quality compliance throughout Goods Inwards.
- Support the Quality Control Inspector with receipt, inspection and testing of incoming goods activities and finished product testing.
- Manage the development testing laboratory and development testing programmes within the company.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed in the areas and encourage a positive approach to Health & Safety.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of inspection activities and product testing preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to undertake prescribed testing of devices/materials for the validation of production processes to support regulatory submissions.
- Minimum of GCSE grade “C” or equivalent in Maths and English or equivalent.
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of working within a Medical Device (or similar) industry
- Experience of working within a quality control or quality assurance team
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and supplier non-conformities
- Experience of determining testing requirements of various devices and materials relevant to medical devices.
- Experience of Programming co-ordinate/optical measurement machines and tensile test machines
- Ability to create and understand Control Charts
Essential Skills and Behaviour
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake root cause investigations.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative.
Quality Systems Manager
Closing date: 12th August 2019
To apply for this role please send your CV directly to email@example.com
Please note we will not consider unsolicited CVs from agencies.