A vacancy exists for a Project Manager to join Xiros, a small but highly successful innovative medical implant company which has operated in the field of minimally invasive surgery for more than 30 years. The position is based at the main office in Leeds.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to bring new medical devices to market on time and to budget;
- Leading medical device development projects in accordance with Design and Development Control procedures for compliance with ISO 13485;
- Generating and compiling documentation for design history files;
- Working closely with team members to ensure projects are delivered to agreed timescales;
- Utilising Microsoft Project to generate project plans;
- Compiling and presenting project updates to Executive management;
- Ensuring the budget for the project is confirmed and adhered to;
- Mentoring / training other project managers across the company with differing project management experience.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A good degree in a relevant engineering, technical or scientific subject;
- Training in recognised project management techniques;
- A demonstrable extensive project management portfolio of successfully completed projects in a medical engineering environment;
- Evidence of the achievement of new product development which has been successful in terms of the intended goals and outcomes;
- Evidence of competence in working across boundaries with various specialist functions;
- Familiarity with the requirements and importance of design transfer to manufacture;
- Knowledge of CE-marking and US regulatory requirements relating to medical devices;
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Biomechanics, orthopaedics, mechanical engineering design;
- Additional professional qualification e.g. PRINCE2 and/or MSP;
- Knowledge of clinical trial processes and requirements.
Essential Skills and Behaviour
- Ability to demonstrate initiative;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate drive and personal commitment towards the role;
- Must care about and respect team members;
- Must be able to work both as part of a team (including cross-functional teams) and individually;
- Must demonstrate integrity, high standards, appropriate flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop.
37.5 hours per week, flexible within our working week of 08:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday.