We are an award-winning medical device company that specialises in the design and manufacture of innovative textile-based implantable medical devices. As part of our ongoing growth we have a number of projects across the company that need to be managed and reviewed. We are now looking to recruit an Operations Project Manager to develop and co-ordinate a company-wide Operations Plan and to assist in ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and co-ordinate a company-wide Operations Plan.
- Ensure the Operations Plan is kept up-to-date by liaising with other managers and project managers and working closely with colleagues to ensure milestones and projects are delivered to agreed timescales.
- Ensure that forthcoming non-development projects are planned and resourced adequately and review resources for ongoing projects.
- Actively project manage a selection of projects, as advised by the Production and Compliance Directors.
- Manage any resource overlaps with Development projects and ensure any conflicts are communicated to all concerned parties.
- Review project management systems for Operations projects and suggest / implement any improvements.
- Mentor / train other project managers across the company with differing levels of project management experience.
- Compile and present project / programme updates at the monthly Operations meeting.
- Ensure budgets for any projects / programmes are confirmed and adhered to.
- Undertake any other duties as may be requested by the Production Director.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous project management experience and training in recognised project management techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the key features of good practice in project management evidenced by real examples.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects.
- A good level of general education e.g., degree calibre or equivalent.
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in a medical device company.
- Experience of using relevant project management software.
- Previous knowledge/experience of working in an environment with quality standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 13845.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent people skills and the ability to positively influence a number of stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills and ability to use MS Office packages.
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate drive and personal commitment towards the role.
- Must be able to work both as part of a team (including cross-functional teams) and individually.
- Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter of application to email@example.com.