We are an award-winning medical device company that specialises in the design and manufacture of innovative textile-based implantable medical devices.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join us as Operations Improvement Manager
- Provide leadership and line management support to the Workshop Manager, Operations Project Manager, Senior Operations Analyst and Engineering Team Leader to ensure that best practice is deployed throughout the teams. Hold Staff Development Reviews on an annual basis and provide the opportunity for regular catch-ups throughout the year. Ensure all direct reports work to required procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained throughout Production and provide engineering expertise to the Engineering Team Leader and Workshop manager, enabling continuing professional development through to chartered engineer status. Oversee project technical scoping and sign-off for Operations including design transfer of new products.
- Ensure continual compliance with Quality, Regulatory and Health and Safety requirements.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and ensure efficient procurement of equipment, raw materials and components, to ensure timely and efficient production of medical devices.
- Ensure production equipment is correctly selected, fit-for-purpose, sufficiently qualified and is maintained in accordance with relevant standards and to meet business continuity needs.
- Act as a champion for change by initiating and delivering Operations projects and continuous improvement initiatives. Lead the Senior Operations Analyst and Operations Project Manager in identifying, planning and overseeing gains in operational efficiency, using tools such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to review and implement changes to established manufacturing processes to deliver efficiency savings, increase output and reduce non-conformities and waste.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure initiatives are supported by well thought out change management and are implemented smoothly.
- Maintain focus on critical production technologies, including Engineering projects, to ensure the Production department remains at the forefront of developments in technology.
- Provide metrics of performance and provide robust analysis to provide Business Information and ensure continuous improvement initiatives are implemented effectively and can demonstrate value.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in engineering and previous production engineering experience.
- Significant experience in leading continuous improvement, including lean methodologies such as Kaizen, Six Sigma etc.,
- Heavy-weight experience in leading complex projects to deliver to time, quality and budget
- Managing through effective use of data, metrics and analysis in a high-performing environment
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Chartered Engineer with experience of guiding the continuous professional development of others.
- Previous line management experience in production function.
- Experience in medical devices and knowledge of ISO 13485:2016
- Project management qualifications/training
- CAD skills/design drawing skills and the ability to interpret drawings.
- Previous procurement experience and ability to drive improvement in supplier performance.
Essential Skills and Behaviour
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Influencing skills to gain commitment from those not directly managed who are key to the delivery of projects
Workshop Manager, Operations Project Manager, Senior Operations Analyst, Engineering Team Leader