This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Manager with strong leadership ability who would relish the challenge of shaping and developing an IT department to meet the needs of a growing business.
The role is ideally suited to someone who has demonstrated successful career progression to rise through the technical ranks of infrastructure engineer or similar, and the commitment to gain formal accreditations. You will have a solid technical background, will be passionate about providing excellence in IT service delivery, and will have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
37.5 hours per week (flexible working hours)
Director of Finance & Corporate Development
- Provide strategic guidance to senior stakeholders and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all IT infrastructure and systems procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and develop a small team and act as role model and mentor, providing leadership, coaching and support, including setting personal objectives and conducting personal development reviews.
- Network administration, including monitoring of network and infrastructure performance, highlighting issues and planning solutions, and on-call systems support.
- Ensure all supported users have the best possible support from the IT function, manage external vendors and suppliers and hold them to high standards of support & availability.
- Maintain management and support documentation; develop, implement and document IT policies and procedures.
- Work as part of the IT project implementation team, anticipated projects include CRM and ERP systems specification, design and implementation.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Windows server infrastructure (particularly Windows Server 2008 / 2012), including Terminal Servers/RDS, with MCITP, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- VMware vSphere, with VCP or equivalent qualification.
- Veeam backup technology, with VMCE or equivalent.
- Network Security and Anti-Virus.
- Networking fundamentals.
- MS Exchange Administration.
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of implementing/maintain Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Project managing the assessment, procurement, planning and implementation of an ERP system.
- Working knowledge of other Operating Systems (e.g. Linux).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ISO and other regulatory frameworks for IT.
- VPN & Firewall administration, preferably experience with Watchguard.
- Experience of implementing system health monitoring, network analysis and asset management software.
- VOIP phone systems administration.
- Some coding / development scripting skills preferred (e.g. working knowledge of Powershell).
Essential Skills and Behaviours:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and with people from across the whole company and external organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational & planning skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a disciplined manner, adhering to policies and procedures, to meet deadlines across multiple simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Ability to share information and knowledge generously; to coach and develop team members.
- Must demonstrate integrity, high standards, appropriate flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop.