Xiros’ ultimate goal is to make a positive difference to the world, both through our business ventures and through our not-for-profit activities. We strive to improve quality of life for all who are affected by our organization; be it the patients whose injuries are repaired by having our devices implanted, our employees and their families, or members of the local communities which benefit from our altruistic endeavours.
From small things like donating the profits from our staff tuck shop to various charities, to larger events such as hosting cream teas for local elderly residents and participating in Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning Scheme, we are deeply committed to helping those in need. Our Volunteering Committee coordinates all of our charitable donations and activities, including a programme whereby our employees can do an agreed number of days’ volunteering with local charities during work time. This scheme has proved to be not only beneficial for the local charities with whom we work, but also incredibly fulfilling for our staff.
We place great emphasis on employee wellbeing, and offer a wide range of rewards and benefits to all who come to work for us. We believe in developing the skills of every single one of our members of staff, and through facilitation and funding of training courses and team building activities, we take pride in helping them to reach their true potential and achieve their aspirations. If you would like to join us, please click here to view our current vacancies and the full list of rewards and benefits we offer.
We also take an active interest in environmental issues, and strive to do all we can to minimize our carbon footprint. Our Environmental Group meets regularly to assess the ways in which we can make a positive contribution to our surroundings. Some of our projects have included installation of solar roof panels and sourcing of electric company cars to reduce carbon emission.
We take pride in maintaining our beautiful 4.5 acre grounds at Springfield House in Leeds, which we share with many different species of flora and fauna including 20 species of butterflies, 37 species of mammals and insects, and over 200 species of plants across woodland and wildflower areas. The site consists of a central area of buildings with car parking, formal flower borders, garden and ponds, with the surrounding grounds comprising a mosaic of woodland, hedgerow, hazel copse, wildflower meadow and open stream.
The two main areas of woodland have seen intensive management. Selective planting of a shrub layer and young canopy species has diversified the age range of the trees and established a herb layer. Nesting opportunities for a wide range of bird species have been greatly improved, with at least 56 species across the different habitat types. Significant areas of mixed species wildlife hedgerow have also been planted and three freshwater streams have been dammed at various points to create a still water habitat. We actively nurture and encourage wildlife, and we are immensely proud of the rich and unique biodiversity of our surroundings.
Throughout our history we have attained a number of prestigious awards and achievements, including:
- Investors in People Gold Standard Accreditation (held since March 2016)
- Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award (held since March 2016)
- The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 2018
- The Sunday Times Best Companies Award for 2018 (3 Stars ‘Extraordinary’ Award)
- Investors In People Excellence in Social Responsibility (achieved 2017)
- Third Annual Sunday Times Lloyds SME Export Track 100, 2017 (placed 75th out of the 100 small and medium-sized businesses with the fastest growing international sales)
- Ward Hadaway Yorkshire Fastest 50 Awards 2017 (placed 3rd in medium-sized business category)
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category 2016
- Ward Hadaway Yorkshire Fastest 50 Awards 2016 (placed 7th in small and medium company category)
- British Safety Council Five Star Occupational Health and Safety Audit (achieved a five star grading in 2016)
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category 2008
- Investors in People Standard (held since July 2000)
- Green Heroes 2006, Helping Others to Help the Environment
- International Green Apple Awards 2006 for the Built Environment and Architectural Heritage
- International Green Apple Awards 2005 for Environmental Best Practice and Conservation and Wildlife Project (Gold Winner)
We constantly strive to improve and be the best that we can be, and our growing list of awards and achievements is testament to the positive difference we continue to make to the environment, our employees and the wider community.