2017 was another successful year of fundraising and partaking in charitable causes for Xiros and our employees, raising over £5,660.
Additionally, in January 2018 our charity committee will select four charities from the staff room suggestion box to distribute money from our staff’s internal contributions, totalling roughly £1,000. Two of the charities chosen will be from the local area with the others being larger national charities.
Some of the many events Xiros took part in this year included:
- Bake sale for ‘Bone Cancer Awareness Week’
- World food day, with donations going to ‘Action against Hunger’
- Sponsored haircut for the ‘ Little Princess Trust’ and ‘Cancer Research’
- Volunteering day for ‘St. Gemma’s Hospice’
- Usborne book sale, with donations going to the ‘Salvation Army’
- Sponsorship of the Yorkshire Universities Rugby league team for the Yorkshire vs Midlands match
- ‘MacMillan’ pie & peas/’Wear something bright’ day
- Half marathon & cycling activities by employees for mental health charity ‘Mind’
- Christmas Jumper Day, with donations going to ‘Save the Children’
- ‘Foster4Leeds’ children’s Christmas party, a donation of 120 selection boxes
- ‘Caring for Life’ gift donation (20 presents)
- Donation to ‘Crisis at Christmas 2017’ for the Crisis homeless charity
We look forward to undertaking more charity, volunteering and fundraising events in 2018.